💬 Smartcat Community

Hey everyone,

I found this quite large pool of resources to tap into. These are two separate, but linked, collections of ebooks on a variety of topics. I can't cite them all, but I'll drag a few names here. If you have questions, these might be good places to look into.

The first one comes from a blog called Infotra, which is in Spanish, but plenty of books are in English.
A few books from its collection:

• Mapping best multilingual business practices in the EU
  • Crowdsourcing translation: Studies on translation and multilingualism
  • The reception of Alice in Wonderland and Winnie-the-Pooh by Estonian children: issues of translation and translatability
  • The Atlas of North American English: Phonetics, Phonology and Sound Change
  • Perdido en la traducción: The Opportunity in Financial Services for Latinos
  • La traducción de las expresiones militares estandarizadas en las películas del género bélico. 35
  • Sign Here! : Handwriting in the Age of New Media
  • Strategies and Motivations in Translated Children’s Literature: Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe as a Case Study
  • The Breach and the Observance : Theatre retranslation as a strategy of artistic differentiation, with special reference to retranslations of Shakespeare’s Hamlet 

I also happened to find some Dutch titles.

And then we have the second collection, much smaller but very targeted, in four categories: Terminology, Translation, Linguistics, and Glossaries.
Check out the titles under the Translation category:

Alright people, now you've got plenty of materials to read! :D

• Thumbs up 1