💬 Smartcat Community
Christopher Farley

Machine translation problems

Good morning all,

This morning I went into SC and I had a notice telling me MT would no longer be available, due to protection of...etc. etc.  Unfortunately, I was on the phone and I didn't read it in-depth.  I uploaded a test document and, voila!  No MT.  Does anyone have any further information on this please?  I still have a balance of almost 500 pages...

Thank you

The message stated that due to changes in policies from outside Smartcat, they had to pull the free MT off from the system. You can still use them if you purchase them, but for now not the free version. They'll be working on making it available again, if possible.

Thank you Otàvio.

I've gone into 'additional services' but can't see where I can purchase MT.  Do you know where? Sorry for the trouble but until today I've lived a blissful experience with Smartcat unaware of the changes and thinking my 'credit' was all I needed.

Thank you.

Sure thing, Christopher. :)

In your Workspace (accessing your account in Smartcat) you'll have at the left panel the "Productivity Services" right under Payments.

Click there and you'll be taken to the services page, also possible to be reached via this link. The only option available there will be of MT and Image Recognition together.

Thank you Otàvio.

OK, purchased pages. Still doesn't give me TM so now I've no idea where to turn to.

I came to SmartCat primarily because the TM saved me a huge amount of time and, if I'm honest, I tried the trial version of Trados and was more impressed with SmartCat's TM.  If this is no longer available, (apart from the money I've just parted with) even after paying for the service, I guess I'll have to look into the other paid alternatives which can provide me with this.

Best,

Considering you made purchases, you need to be able to use them. Please write for support@smartcat.ai with your issue, they'll help you out with this!

Ok, I got prompt support from Support!:11_blush: Now I am working on it with some sample translations of my own.

I will soon be doing a trial of Trados but I think Smartcat's SaaS cloud-based app looks great and is the way to go.

Nick

• Thumbs up 1