💬 Smartcat Community
Otávio Banffy

Smartcat video contest — win an Apple Watch Series 3 and other exciting stuff!

Pinned posts

Hello folks!

Smartcat is running a video contest for the brave & bold community members!

The challenge is to make a video recording on the topic “How Smartcat changed my life in 2017”!

The winner will get one of the following prizes, at his or her discretion:

• Apple Watch Series 3, worth up to $400, depending on screen size.
  • $450 in subscriptions/licenses to approved apps and platforms including Dragon, Protemos, Toggl, MixMax, and more. The complete list will be revealed at a later date.
  • $300 in cash.

There will also be 2 runner-ups, who will each get $50 in apps/platforms of their choice.

The rest get recognition for their involvement!

Here are the rules:

• Write “I’m in” in the comments to indicate your participation.
  • Make a video in English not longer than 30 seconds
  • Upload it as a public video on YouTube or Facebook.
  • Share the link in the comment section of this post.

The contest starts now and will run until January 21st, 23:59:59 UTC.

The evaluation will take place from January 22 to January 26 and will be based on mixed popular/jury vote. The detailed procedure will be announced later, but in any case before the January 22nd.

Think you can handle the challenge? Just write “I’m in!” in the comments below, and go make that video!

Disclaimer: by posting your entry below you allow Smartcat to use your video in marketing campaigns free of royalties, responsibilities and/or any form of compensation.

• Thumbs up 3
  • Super! 1
  • Hooray! 1

End of pinned posts

Hi SmartCAT community!

Great to see all of you guys in this awesome contest!
This is my video — a short story about how SmartCAT changed my life and allowed me to fulfill my dream in 2017 :)

Edited by Igor Kozlov
  • Thumbs up 6
  • Hooray! 2

Astonishing video, @Igor Kozlov! I definitely want to taste that kind of travelling lifestyle sometime in the not so far future. In the meantime, there's a lot of groundwork to do and patience seeds to garden.

Competition is tight, oh my gosh!

Have an amazing Sunday! :11_blush:

7 minutes ago, Joshua Velasquez said:

Astonishing video, @Igor Kozlov! I definitely want to taste that kind of travelling lifestyle sometime in the not so far future. In the meantime, there's a lot of groundwork to do and patience seeds to garden.

Competition is tight, oh my gosh!

Have an amazing Sunday! :11_blush:

Thanks, @Joshua Velasquez! Our Sunday is almost gone here in Russia though, but most of yours is probably still ahead ;)

• Thumbs up 1
  • Thank you 1

On 1/21/2018 at 3:05 PM, Serena Zilio said:

I tought "funny" would be a good change from the standard

Good take indeed! I’m just a bit worried because Smartcat is not an offline tool :51_scream:

Other than that, perfect! :) 

On 1/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, Igor Kozlov said:

changed my life and allowed me to fulfill my dream in 2017

An excellent idea to put together miles and words in the end, and a very strong video!

P.S. Everyone, don’t worry, I won’t be judging, so whatever I say won’t affect the outcome ;) 

• Thumbs up 1

On 1/20/2018 at 9:01 PM, Hussain Sadeqi said:

my complicated story

That’s very touching, Hussain, and I got a lump in my throat when watching it. It made me think of how Smartcat allows people around the world to earn money through their capabilities alone — regardless of their geographical position and social status. That’s one of those things you can’t put in an investor report, but one that serves a much higher purpose. Thank you for reminding us all of this.

• Super! 1

21 minutes ago, Vova said:

Good take indeed! I’m just a bit worried because Smartcat is not an offline tool :51_scream:

Other than that, perfect! :) 

Actually it does work offline. If the page is already open on the laptop and the internet goes away you can go on translating and the translated segments are stored on the laptop, so when the connection comes back, no matter when (could also be 1 hour later or more) all the segments you have translated in the meantime are uploaded. To me this is working offline, as the page responds to shortcuts and all of it also without internet and nothing goes lost. E.g. I can translate offline while I'm travelling by train or plane and everything is saved anyway. So at the end of my journey the translation is finished and just needs downloading (with internet this time). But of course I didn't have enough time to explain it as I had to stick to 30 seconds :)

1 minute ago, Serena Zilio said:

Actually it does work offline. If the page is already open on the laptop and the internet goes away you can go on translating and the translated segments are stored on the laptop, so when the connection comes back, no matter when (could also be 1 hour later or more) all the segments you have translated in the meantime are uploaded

Now that’s a lifehack, bravo! :12_slight_smile:

• Thumbs up 1
  • Hooray! 1

Okay, guys, the submissions are now officially closed, and the voting open. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Serena Zilio said:

Actually it does work offline. If the page is already open on the laptop and the internet goes away you can go on translating and the translated segments are stored on the laptop

My favorite feature! :82_heart_eyes_cat: