💬 Smartcat Community
Otávio Banffy

Smartcat video contest — win an Apple Watch Series 3 and other exciting stuff!

Pinned posts

Hello folks!

Smartcat is running a video contest for the brave & bold community members!

The challenge is to make a video recording on the topic “How Smartcat changed my life in 2017”!

The winner will get one of the following prizes, at his or her discretion:

• Apple Watch Series 3, worth up to $400, depending on screen size.
  • $450 in subscriptions/licenses to approved apps and platforms including Dragon, Protemos, Toggl, MixMax, and more. The complete list will be revealed at a later date.
  • $300 in cash.

There will also be 2 runner-ups, who will each get $50 in apps/platforms of their choice.

The rest get recognition for their involvement!

Here are the rules:

• Write “I’m in” in the comments to indicate your participation.
  • Make a video in English not longer than 30 seconds
  • Upload it as a public video on YouTube or Facebook.
  • Share the link in the comment section of this post.

The contest starts now and will run until January 21st, 23:59:59 UTC.

The evaluation will take place from January 22 to January 26 and will be based on mixed popular/jury vote. The detailed procedure will be announced later, but in any case before the January 22nd.

Think you can handle the challenge? Just write “I’m in!” in the comments below, and go make that video!

Disclaimer: by posting your entry below you allow Smartcat to use your video in marketing campaigns free of royalties, responsibilities and/or any form of compensation.

• Thumbs up 3
  • Super! 1
  • Hooray! 1

End of pinned posts

Good morning dear community!

Here's my video! :11_blush:

I really think that this contest can help us to get to know each other too! Great idea, Smarcat!

Cheers :89_clap:

Edited by Joshua Velasquez
  • Thumbs up 6
  • Hooray! 2

7 minutes ago, Joshua Velasquez said:

Here's my video! :11_blush:

Wow, that looks really professional, Joshua, bravo!

• Thank you 1

Hey guys, we have less than a week left — hope you won’t make the victory so easy for Joshua! ;) 

@Stefan Santuche Checcato @Nataly Prikhodko @María Soledad Di Fulvio @nfkeskin @Daniel Vega @AnaMaria @dimboump @Igor Kozlov @Oksana Valery @Serena Zilio @Pawel Sokolski @Meri Ch. — and anyone else who wants to chime in (it’s not late yet!)

• Thumbs up 2

Actually, after re-reading, seems like we only have this weekend left, so let’s make it a productive one! :) 

14 hours ago, Hussain Sadeqi said:

I'm in!

Great! You still have time until Sunday :) 

On 12/19/2017 at 5:09 PM, Otávio Banffy said:

Hello community,

Here's my video and I couldn't tell you about my complicated story within 30 seconds. It took 45 seconds to relate it to you!

• Thumbs up 7
  • Thank you 1

First all, amazing video and story, @Hussain Sadeqi. I really felt touched and even felt some parts of your story familiar to what thousands of people have lived in Venezuela.

Even though I find it hard to express joyfulness while knowing your hardships at the same time, I really admire how you stood up against the circumstances and how you took leverage of the beauty of the internet and the digital era to show your skills and worth to the world.

Is media translation your passion? That's awesome! I also believe that this is just the kickstart of a successful journey.

Congrats!

• Thumbs up 2
  • Thank you 1

Hello community! :) Here's my video. It took a few days more than I expected to complete it, as I had to cut several parts to keep to the time limit! Sorry for the delay! It was hard to decide which parts to eliminate, as initially the video was much more serious, but in the end I tought "funny" would be a good change from the standard :) I really hope you can at least giggle a bit having a look at it!  I wish you all the best for the future!!

Serena

• Thumbs up 2
  • Super! 1
  • Hooray! 1

1 hour ago, Serena Zilio said:

Hello community! :) Here's my video. It took a few days more than I expected to complete it, as I had to cut several parts to keep to the time limit! Sorry for the delay! It was hard to decide which parts to eliminate, as initially the video was much more serious, but in the end I tought "funny" would be a good change from the standard :) I really hope you can at least giggle a bit having a look at it!  I wish you all the best for the future!!

Serena

Hi there, Serena!

That's a very funny and creative way to tell us your story, I loved it! I wonder how the first version was but this is just perfect! I also love the fact that Smarcat supports offline editing. 

PS: YES! MORE BEERS! 🍺🍻

• Thumbs up 1