💬 Smartcat Community

New user here :)

I've tried and played around with the translation platform and so far still at that stage where I'm ignoring some of the orang '!' because it's quite distracting when you've confirmed a segment and that is present. Maybe someone can direct me somewhere where it explains where this can be dealt with during the proofreading process?

Apart from that, I also has the trouble with capital letters. It seems that the translation segments don't automatically capitalise the first letters after a full stop (.)

Is there a way to adjust this?

Cheers!

Edited by VMD

Hi, VMD. Welcome to the community!

37 minutes ago, VMD said:

Maybe someone can direct me somewhere where it explains where this can be dealt with during the proofreading process?

As you say, you can ignore the orange flag during translation and go back to that later. You can do so in the QA tab (bottom of the panel). There, you'll see the list of "errors" detected, you can then decide if they're real errors, make the necessary changes in the segment or simply ignore them by clicking Ignore on the right end of the panel. This action will make the orange flag disappear from the segment.

image.thumb.png.f682f08ef20e3be9a383c7e74ba9e0b0.png

46 minutes ago, VMD said:

It seems that the translation segments don't automatically capitalise the first letters after a full stop (.)

Is there a way to adjust this?

As far as I know, it is not possible to activate automatic capitalization in the editor.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

• Thumbs up 3

Welcome, Vanessa! To add to Virginia’s answer (🙏 Virginia!), the initial letter of the sentence is automatically capitalized according to the initial letter of the source segment. Also, in the general case, you do not type two sentences within one segment. If you can show us your use case, we probably could help more. Cheers!

• Thumbs up 1

Thanks @Virginia Monti and @Vova for your kind help!

6 hours ago, Vova said:

Welcome, Vanessa! To add to Virginia’s answer (🙏 Virginia!), the initial letter of the sentence is automatically capitalized according to the initial letter of the source segment. Also, in the general case, you do not type two sentences within one segment. If you can show us your use case, we probably could help more. Cheers!

Attached is a screenshot of the case that the segment has more than 1 sentence. Perhaps it is because the original document is an Excel spreadsheet. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 16.57.36.png

Hi, @VMD !

after reading what @Vova and @Virginia Monti suggested and after watching your screenshot the only thing I can tell you is to split the source segment.

1) Select the source segment you want to split
2) Click "more" in your toolbar and follow instructions below

pic.jpg.851e8b695d69e0447415bb0260814835.jpg

Hope this can be of help to you!