💬 Smartcat Community
Gil

Get notifications

Hi,

I realized that I don't get notifications for when someone sends me a message in SmartCat. Because of this, I'm losing potential customers.

I tried clicking on « Settings » to change the notifications, there are tons of different parameters, but I didn't see any one regarding messages (only for when a comment appears, a document is added, etc.).

So where can I define that I'd like an e-mail for when someone sends me a message on SmartCat ?

– Gil

Hello, @Gil

have you already checked Contact and Privacy settings of your profile on Smartcat?
Please pay attention that Smartcat (workspace) and Smartcat Community have two different profiles.

Try to check following steps on your Smartcat (workspace):

1.thumb.jpg.96131ff419e4d85c22f629a3aa5b9c01.jpg2.thumb.jpg.3acaaf0db0166bb93ae28c8653cdef34.jpg

3.jpg.35aeacf1411e7bba4584aa023a2cd883.jpg

Hope this will be of help to you!

• Thumbs up 4

Gil, what kind of messages are you referring to? If you are invited to a project (a prerequisite being your profile's availability per @Faustina'a suggestions), you will always get an email. If you don't, it makes sense to check and update your spam filters. 

Or maybe I'm missing the point altogether :) 

• Thumbs up 1

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

However, I was actually talking about the messages in the SmartCat chat

This, I don't get any warning for these messages, so I never know when I get one :

smartcat chat.png

• Thumbs up 1

@Gil, the message should pop up in the top right corner, where the chat speech bubble is, along with a red dot over it. If it doesn’t work this way, please get in touch with the support team at support@smartcat.ai.

@Mohamed Elfateh Shareef, I’m not sure it’s the same problem :) But I’m sorry you are still struggling to get jobs from Smartcat customers. Did you try using my advice I sent you a while ago over PM?

• Thumbs up 1

Hi,

Thank you for your replies,

Again, my issue is that I'd like to get an e-mail notification for when someone sends me a message via the SmartCat customer chat, so that I don't have to open the page every day to make sure I don't miss anything ;)

• Thumbs up 1

3 hours ago, Gil said:

Hi,

Thank you for your replies,

Again, my issue is that I'd like to get an e-mail notification for when someone sends me a message via the SmartCat customer chat, so that I don't have to open the page every day to make sure I don't miss anything ;)

Actually, you should get one. Try checking Notifications under Settings, and if it doesn't help, it's worth contacting the support team anyway :) 

• Thumbs up 1

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Yes, this is exactly what I've been writing about ! :) We are progressing )))
I understand that I should get a notification when I get a message, already went to Notifications, everything is set to « Contact me for all projects », but it's not about messages, only about comments and updates for existing projects.

Edited by Gil
  • Thumbs up 1

16 minutes ago, Gil said:

We are progressing )))

Indeed :)

So, I bet you have already checked the spam folder?

If it’s not there, then it definitely sounds like a bug. Did you get in touch with support@smartcat.ai?

• Thumbs up 1

Well, this is what I was thinking that I was doing when I posted here in the first instance )))

Sending an e-mail right now )

• Thumbs up 1

3 minutes ago, Gil said:

Well, this is what I was thinking that I was doing when I posted here in the first instance )))

Sending an e-mail right now )

Oh, sorry for that misunderstanding. The community is a great place to get advice on using Smartcat or discuss general topics. But when it comes to bugs, it would be an ineffective way to handle them, with all the discussions that will probably follow between you and the support team. So if it’s about a bug it’s always the best to send it to support@smartcat.ai right away (or, even better, use the feedback form in the product itself).

Sorry once again if this confused you.

Also, if you have a look at the screenshot I provided above, you will notice strange stuff happening :

The message from Veronika Yershova is dated “07/05/2017” (i thought it was May but it could be July, don't know how to change settings so as to have the dates in the correct format), but it appears as “Today”.

The message from Aleksey Gorlov appears also under “Today” but it just won't open and there is no way for me to mark it as read or delete it or anything.

Also, was wondering what the green dot in the corner of some messages meant (as with the same Gorlov and Viktor Sukhov)

2 minutes ago, Gil said:

Also, if you have a look at the screenshot I provided above, you will notice strange stuff happening :

The message from Veronika Yershova is dated “07/05/2017” (i thought it was May but it could be July, don't know how to change settings so as to have the dates in the correct format), but it appears as “Today”.

The message from Aleksey Gorlov appears also under “Today” but it just won't open and there is no way for me to mark it as read or delete it or anything.

Again, these two seem like bugs, and are better of referred to support@smartcat.ai.

3 minutes ago, Gil said:

Also, was wondering what the green dot in the corner of some messages meant (as with the same Gorlov and Viktor Sukhov)

Usually the green dot means that the user is online, but in your case I don’t see green dots near the mentioned names.