💬 Smartcat Community

Hi, I'm new here and in smartCAT as well. I'm working on a project as it was suggested.

What I'm asking here is how to create a TMX document. I couldn't activate Translator Memory exactely because I hadn't a TMX document.

Thank you all!!

Aleksandra    91

Hi, @solange.r.esteves!

As far as I know translation memory file is created automatically when you create a new project.

Or you can create a new one by going to Resources -> Translation Memory in the menu on the left and clicking the "Create TM" button there.

Then you can add this new created TM file to your project by going to this project and selecting it in Resources (in the top of the workspace).

After the translation is finished, you can download TM file from SmartCAT as TMX. Just go back to Resources -> Translation Memory in the menu on the left, select the TM and click Export.

Hope that helps!

• Thumbs up 2

Hi, Alexsandra!!

Thank you for answering me!

I tryied to follow your suggestions and perhaps I made some mistakes. I saved my project as you wrote, but my computer doesn't open it without choosing an app. So I chose Acrobat Reader. When I add it on TM, it seemed to be ok but after I saw the advertising I'm send you in attached.

ef21923e71cde1d216d906959c8f79e6.png

Perhaps Acrobat Reader is a wrong way and now I don't know how to change it.

But, when I open TM, "Les bâtisseurs du monde" is already there. Is that you mean "As far as I know translation memory file is created automatically when you create a new project."?

As I said, I'm new here, so I have many troubles yet!!!

Thank you again!!!

Vova    1150

@solange.r.esteves, you do not open a TMX with Acrobat for sure.

I’m a bit puzzled as to what you are trying to achieve. Maybe you can take a step back and let us know the ultimate task you have at hand?

Faustina    155

Hi @solange.r.esteves

I'm following the post and the first thing I thought of was that you were trying to create a TM without creating or uploading a document to translate. To create a TM you first need to upload a document containing the "source" for your TM as @Aleksandra already wrote.

For example:

1) Upload a document, i.e. "Hello". In this case, Smartcat will create automatically a Translation Memory. 
2) Once you finish translating the "Hello" document, you'll have a TM called "Hello" that you can export or import following the instructions here (help page of Smartcat).

Let us know if you fixed it.

• Thumbs up 2

Vova    1150

Oh, that case... Thanks, @Faustina!

To add to that answer, you will also be able to use this TM in your further projects (by choosing it from the list of TMs when creating projects in future). 

• Thumbs up 1