💬 Smartcat Community
Madli

Finding interpretation clients

Madli    0

Hello all,

Can you recommend agencies or companies that need interpreters? I have great translation experience but I could not find good interpretation clients. 

Thanks you for your help!

Vova    1150

Hi Madli! Hopefully someone with more interpreting experience than myself will answer, but for the time being I can recommend adding an interpreting service in your Smartcat profile. It won’t give you clients right away, but it will make you searchable for those who are looking for interpreters in your pair.

Here’s a video showing how to do it:

Faustina    155

Hello Madli,

I am not an interpreter and so I can't  recommend you any particular agency or client. Anyway, I would suggest you to contact agencies specialized in the organization of international meetings and events as they usually look for interpreters ;) Good luck! 

• Thumbs up 1

Vladimir    106

I agree with Faustina. In my experience, many events need volunteer interpreters. In Russia, at least

I have worked as an interpreters a few times myself, once for a sports event (big-scale even, youth hadball world championship) and several times for my university (helping foregneirs to adapt etc.)

So, I would start with finding volunteers' communities (on Facebook and so on). Or I would just look for any upcoming events in my area that could need interpreters (championships, international and cross-cultural events...) and go from there

It never hurts to ask in these cases, even if you do not have a lot of experience. I'm just a beginner in Japanese (actively learning it now) and yet it was enough for me to participate in an excursion for Japanese football players (women's team, かわいい) who came to our city during the Expo in Ekaterinburg

As it says in the book: " Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you "

• Thumbs up 2