💬 Smartcat Community
maxenchs

Importing files for review in Smartcat

maxenchs    3

Hello guys, hope you can easily assist. I am aware I'm not so familiar with proofreading procedures with Smartcat. I've got proofreading work from customer, and receiving source and translated text in separated files. Mostly  Excel uncomfortable spreadsheets and/or Word files.  How to proceed in an efficient way? How to import source and target files into Smartcat? Thanks in advance

Vova    1151
4 hours ago, maxenchs said:

Hello guys, hope you can easily assist. I am aware I'm not so familiar with proofreading procedures with Smartcat. I've got proofreading work from customer, and receiving source and translated text in separated files. Mostly  Excel uncomfortable spreadsheets and/or Word files.  How to proceed in an efficient way? How to import source and target files into Smartcat? Thanks in advance

Hey Max, you can write to support@smartcat.ai asking to give you a free license of ABBYY Aligner. You will then be able to upload your source files, pretranslate them with the TMX obtained via alignment, and proofread as necessary.

Let us know how it worked out!

maxenchs    3

Thank you Vova. I will definitley try this way. Your support team already enabled the alignment feature to me on Smartcat for a different story. Not used up to now, however. I will let you know when done.Thanks again.

• Thumbs up 1