đź’¬ Smartcat Community

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm a freelance translator. My mother tongue is Persian, and I translate from English to Persian and vice versa. Beside translation, I also have an interest in building data bases and dictionaries.

Cheers

Edited by Saeed Majidi
add more info
  • Thumbs up 3

2 hours ago, Saeed Majidi said:

Hi, I'm a freelance translator. My mother tongue is Persian, and I translate from English to Persian and vice versa. Beside translation, I also have an interest in building data bases and dictionaries.

Cheers

Welcome to the club, Saeed! So how do you approach building dictionaries? Any tips and tricks to share with the community?

• Thumbs up 1

On 8/16/2017 at 10:48 PM, Vova said:

Welcome to the club, Saeed! So how do you approach building dictionaries? Any tips and tricks to share with the community?

The basic idea behind building an effective dictionary is preparing a practical and comprehensive data base. There are numerous programmes that allow you create a good data base that highly depends on your purposes. I began with basic softwares like Notebook, Excel, Access, and now working with SQL. You also need to have adequate knowledge in programming preferably languages like Python, Java, and HTML would suffice.
However, it is your mind and creativity that can help you the most not the codes you have learned. In fact, you should learn how to use them effectively! 

• Thumbs up 2