💬 Smartcat Community
Vova

New article: About Smartcat Wave

Smartcat Wave is a referral program that lets you earn money by inviting your customers to Smartcat.

Inviters are paid a commission on all orders placed by their invited customers.

How much do I get paid?

The specific percentages are as follows:

• 5% on orders placed on you by the invitee.
  • 2% on all other orders placed by the invitee.

The commissions are applicable for 2 (two) years from the date of registration of the respective invitee.

The commissions are paid monthly based on actual payments made by applicable customers.

How do I invite people?

There are two options:

1. By sharing your Wave link, which is

Anyone who joins Smartcat after following that link will be treated as your invitee.

2. By using the invitation form.

We will create a customized invitation letter based on your submitted details and send out the invitation on your behalf. Here’s how it works.

View full article

• Thumbs up 2

So the invitation link doesn't work any more for LSPs after the updating, doesn't it?! I mean will I get the comission from a potential client's projects if I invited them by the link and not by the invitation form?

48 minutes ago, Tatiana Fedulina said:

So the invitation link doesn't work any more for LSPs after the updating, doesn't it?! I mean will I get the comission from a potential client's projects if I invited them by the link and not by the invitation form?

It does. You are free to choose whatever method of inviting is more convenient to you. 

19 minutes ago, MiriamC said:

How do I check if the people I referred signed up?

At the moment you can’t. Please also note that invitations are not sent right away after you posted them. We will collect and send them out every once in a while (e.g., every week).

1 hour ago, Vova said:

At the moment you can’t. Please also note that invitations are not sent right away after you posted them. We will collect and send them out every once in a while (e.g., every week).

That's too bad. I asked my whole team to signup with the link and I can't tell if they are linked to my referral. :(

3 minutes ago, MiriamC said:

That's too bad. I asked my whole team to signup with the link and I can't tell if they are linked to my referral. :(

No worries, in such cases I will see to it that they are linked to you manually.

I sent the link to many companies, and some of them are interested. I hope I will manage to find out if they finally signed up, because it is a step that takes time to make, and I am sure that LSPs will not sign up immediately, especially those who have some contracts with MemSource and Trados (certified trainers/products distributors). That's why I think they will not sign up with my link, but later, after consideration, discussion and clear decision.

1 hour ago, Tatiana Fedulina said:

I sent the link to many companies, and some of them are interested. I hope I will manage to find out if they finally signed up, because it is a step that takes time to make, and I am sure that LSPs will not sign up immediately, especially those who have some contracts with MemSource and Trados (certified trainers/products distributors). That's why I think they will not sign up with my link, but later, after consideration, discussion and clear decision.

Let me think. What if you ask them, in, say two weeks from now if they have already signed up? If yes, we can consider this as “your” referral and link them to you manually.