💬 Smartcat Community

Hello smartCATs!

Is there an automated workflow in SmartCAT where you can translate a document using MT and assign post-editing to either an internal employee or an external resource? Ideally, the workflow would be as follows:

A) Translate a document using MT

B) Leverage existing TM/Glossaries (only NEW text goes through MT)

C) Once MT is complete, it gets sent to an internal employee OR an external resource (LSP, freelancer)

D) TM's get updated 

Thanks,

David 

• Thumbs up 3

40 minutes ago, David Hetland said:

Hello smartCATs!

Is there an automated workflow in SmartCAT where you can translate a document using MT and assign post-editing to either an internal employee or an external resource? Ideally, the workflow would be as follows:

A) Translate a document using MT

B) Leverage existing TM/Glossaries (only NEW text goes through MT)

C) Once MT is complete, it gets sent to an internal employee OR an external resource (LSP, freelancer)

D) TM's get updated 

Thanks,

David 

That’s interesting. You could definitely do this step by step, but I guess you are referring to something API-based? (Here’s our API specification, by the way.)

@Pavel Doronin, does this sound possible? I mean, at least pre-translating with TM, then MT, then assigning users by ids?

David, just one note: Glossaries don’t work that way. They serve for reference and convenience for the person translating. There’s no means to auto-insert terms into a machine translation or a TM match.

• Thumbs up 1

Hi @David Hetland,

Yes, it's possible to implement the described scenario via our API.

1. Create a project or add a new document to the existing one. Make sure you have selected the proper translation memory and set the   "useMT": true and  "pretranslate": true. It means, all exact TM matches will be inserted and confirmed, all segments without matches will be pretranslated using MT.

2. Assign internal linguists or Marketplace freelancers to the post-editing task. You can use a »Rocket« mode: the invitation to the project will be sent to all selected linguists and the one who accepts it first will be automatically assigned to the task.

3. As soon as the post-editors edit and confirm MT output, the TM will be updated.

There are many ways to streamline the process more via API.

You can also do it easily via UI (from 5 clicks on the shortest track). Please contact me for details: p.doronin@smartcat.ai, I can show it you by sharing my screen.

• Thumbs up 5