💬 Smartcat Community

Greetings to all members of the community! My name is Rade. I am freelance translator since 2005. My native language is Serbian (I was born in the city of Valjevo in Serbia, and I still live here) and most of the projects I worked on were based on English-Serbian language pair. A few years ago, I decided to cover also other languages used in the Balkans (former Republic of Yugoslavia), so, now I work with the English to Croatian, English to Bosnian and English to Montenegrin language pairs (both ways). My main areas of expertise are medicine (clinical trials/drug studies), engineering (construction, power plants), automotive industry and transportation (vehicles, general transportation terms), and IT (software and website localization, HMI/UI localization).

I am familiar with most of the CAT tools available on the market (free and paid), and I must say that I'm not new to SmartCat. A couple of years ago I stumbled upon this great online solution, but at the moment, I had no time to explore its functions and features. Last year, I decided to give it a try and I must say I am thrilled and surprised by its functionality and usability (and very high level of responsiveness, taking into account that it is web-based). Also, I had help :) @Vova stepped in and helped me a lot in my first days using this platform, and I am very grateful for that.

I am proud to be part of this great community :)

• Thumbs up 3

Welcome, Rade, glad to see you here finally! :) 

Заборавио си да кажеш да си бубњар ;) 

Posted (edited)

Шта да се ради, у последње време много тога заборављам. Недавно сам постао отац малог Константина :)...па се још навикавам на нови начин живота :)

Edited by Rade

4 minutes ago, Rade said:

Шта да се ради, у последње време много тога заборављам. Недавно сам постао отац малог Константина :)...па се још навикакавам на нови начин живота :)

Wow, congratulations on the fatherhood! :) 

• Thumbs up 1

Augh, I just got one "slap on the wrist" from @Vova ...I forgot to mention that, in my spare time, I play drums :). Who knows, maybe someday we can make some sort of band (SmartCats? :) ). 

Also, my life changed a bit lately. I became a father. In May, my wife gave a birth of our beautiful son named Konstantin, so I am little stressed (and very happy) now. Sory if I don't reply instantly (if someone decides to ask me something :) ) or if I forgot something :).

• Thumbs up 2

I hate it that web latencies still don’t allow creating real virtual bands. Otherwise it’s a badass idea! :D  

• Thumbs up 2