đź’¬ Smartcat Community
Otávio Banffy

LocJAM4 — Game Localization Competition

Otávio Banffy    365

58f7921b86bb9_GameTranslatorsWanted.jpg.7fd8039623e807b2f6a7d3afcb12569c.jpg

Hi everyone!

http://www.locjam.org/

The LocJAM is a non-profit game localization competition held by IGDA (International Game Developers Association).

It's free, requires no registration, has amateur and professional categories, and plenty of language pairs. (English to Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Europe & Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Europe & Latin America).

The localization can be done in less than a day, is completely online, and is a great opportunity to get to know a different field, or simply prove (and hone) your skills. There's quite a community of friendly people studying for the contest, and some of them hold study groups around the world. You can find more information in the website itself.

Being a videogame localizer, I'm bound to put all my efforts into it, and I'd like to share this event with all of you, and invite you to participate! Maybe we can discuss about it here in the smartcat forum and learn together. Ace the contest!

I'm hoping to see all of you there.

-------

Here are the main threads about LocJAM on this forum — but feel free to create your own!

• Thumbs up 4

Pinned posts
End of pinned posts
Shaimaa El-Shamy    3

LocJAM was such a rewarding experience. I'm thankful to everyone who made this possible and to the SmartCat community for the splendid study group! 

• Thumbs up 1